Rights of Shareholders
BRI shares are categorized into 2 (two) types, namely
- Series A Dwiwarna shares
Series A Dwiwarna share is owned by the Republic of Indonesia and is non-transferable to any party.
- Series B shares
Series B shares can be owned by the Republic of Indonesia and/or the public.
Holders of Series A Dwiwarna shares and Series B Shares have the same rights and every 1 (one) share gives 1 (one) voting right.
With the ownership of the Series A Dwiwarna share, the Government as the shareholder has the following privileges:
- The right to approve in the GMS regarding the following matters:
- Approval of amendment to the Articles of Association.
- Approval of changes in capital.
- Approval of dismissal and appointment of members of the Board of Directors and Board of Commissioners.
- Agreement on merger, consolidation, expropriation, separation and dissolution.
- Approval of remuneration of members of the Board of Directors and Board of Commissioners.
- Approval of the transfer of assets based on this Articles of Association requires the approval of the GMS.
- Approval regarding participation and reduction in the percentage of equity participation in other companies.
- Approval of the use of profits.
- Approval regarding investment and long-term financing that is not operational in nature based on this Articles of Association requires the approval of the GMS.
- The right to nominate members of the Board of Directors and members of the Board of Commissioners;
- The right to propose the agenda of the GMS.
- The right to request access to company data and documents, with the mechanism of the use of said rights in accordance with the provisions in the Articles of Association and laws.
In addition to the privileges owned by Series A Dwiwarna Shareholders, The Series A Shareholders and Series B Shareholders shall have the following same rights otherwise specified differently by the Articles of Association:
- Attend the GMS either directly or through proxy, provide opinion and/or take decision. Each shareholder is entitled to be treated equally and to make a sound according to the type, classification and number of shares owned.
- Receive accurate and prompt information related to BRI with the principle of equality of information to all shareholders.
- Receive distribution of dividend and other forms of profit of BRI in proportion to total owned shares
- To receive remaining returns from the bank liquidation in the event of bankruptcy.
- Request a General Meeting of Shareholders by one or more shareholders of either share or jointly representing 1/10 (one ten) or more of the total shares issued by the Company with valid voting rights, in good faith, on the basis of the interests of the Company and does not conflict with the laws and regulations of the Company.
- Obtain comprehensive and accurate information on the GMS procedures requirement.
- File a lawsuit against the Bank for any loss resulting from the Bank’s acts that are considered unfair and irrational due to the resolutions of GMS, the Board of Directors and/or Board of Commissioners.
- Request for the Bank to purchase its shares with a fair price with the procedure as stipulated in the Articles of Association/applicable laws and regulations in the event that the shareholder disagree with the Company’s action/corporate actions that cause such loss to the Shareholders or the Company.
- Attain corporate information from the Board of Directors and/or Board of Commissioners at the GMS as far as the requested information is in line with the meeting agenda and does not contradict the Company’s interests.